2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Auto windows

Search this Thread

Old 5/4/06, 07:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Last night I got in my car to go to the store and the passenger window didn't auto up. Am I just crazy or is it supposed to auto up and down like the driver's side window?
Old 5/4/06, 07:17 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(wclark73 @ May 4, 2006, 8:17 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Last night I got in my car to go to the store and the passenger window didn't auto up. Am I just crazy or is it supposed to auto up and down like the driver's side window?
[/b][/quote]
Yes it should.
Try this. Roll the window down. Then roll the window up but hold the window switch up the entire time and about 3-4 seconds after it hits the top.
Then try it again.
Old 5/4/06, 07:28 AM

That worked! Thanks a ton, was hoping I didn't have to take my car in again.
Old 5/4/06, 07:36 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(wclark73 @ May 4, 2006, 8:31 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
That worked! Thanks a ton, was hoping I didn't have to take my car in again.
[/b][/quote]
No problem glad I could help.
If you ever roll your window down and it cluncks like it hit bottom, this trick will fix that as well.
Old 5/4/06, 07:50 AM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(OKCMustangGT @ May 4, 2006, 6:20 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Yes it should.
Try this. Roll the window down. Then roll the window up but hold the window switch up the entire time and about 3-4 seconds after it hits the top.
Then try it again.
[/b][/quote]
I have to remember that trick. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]

I'm wondering if there's a way do disable that feature? I can see the lower 1/4" of tint wearing out quicker than the rest. The only drawback I see by disabling the auto window 'crack' is that you have to shut the door a little harder.
Old 5/4/06, 01:13 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TacoBill @ May 4, 2006, 8:53 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
The only drawback I see by disabling the auto window 'crack' is that you have to shut the door a little harder.[/b][/quote]
Have you tried this yet Bill? Don't, because the door will NOT shut if the window doesn't "crack" which could be a major problem if you lose power.
The reason I know this? When I did my DRL install, I had the battery unhooked and forgot about it. Opened the door and went to shut it, "BANG", WTF thing wouldn't close. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banghead.gif[/img]
Now almost everytime I shut the door the top part by the mirror hits the upper door sill and makes a noise. I probably should take it to the dealer and see if something can be adjusted. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad.gif[/img]
Old 5/4/06, 01:31 PM

My issue wasn't with the way it goes down and up when you shut the door, but clicking the switch up and releasing it and it going all the way up automatically. For some reason the passenger side didn't work, (I didn't even open the door and shut it to see if this also messed up the door closing up and down feature). Holding it up a few seconds after it was all the way up did the trick though!
Old 5/4/06, 01:55 PM
Mach 1 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(OKCMustangGT @ May 4, 2006, 8:39 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
No problem glad I could help.
If you ever roll your window down and it cluncks like it hit bottom, this trick will fix that as well.
[/b][/quote]

Yeah! Thanks! My driver window has always hit bottom with a clunk. I just tried your procedure and it worked! Woohoo!! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banana.gif[/img]
Old 5/4/06, 04:43 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(OKCMustangGT @ May 4, 2006, 12:16 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Have you tried this yet Bill? Don't, because the door will NOT shut if the window doesn't "crack" which could be a major problem if you lose power.
The reason I know this? When I did my DRL install, I had the battery unhooked and forgot about it. Opened the door and went to shut it, "BANG", WTF thing wouldn't close. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banghead.gif[/img]
Now almost everytime I shut the door the top part by the mirror hits the upper door sill and makes a noise. I probably should take it to the dealer and see if something can be adjusted. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]
I'm not quite sure I follow you on this..
There's plenty of cars with a frameless window that doesn't crack the window down when you open it, yet they all shut (door) fine.
Sounds like it's engineered for the glass to go up into the weatherstripping frame after the door closes?

If so, I guess thats the way it has to be.
Old 5/4/06, 04:57 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TacoBill @ May 4, 2006, 5:46 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I'm not quite sure I follow you on this..
There's plenty of cars with a frameless window that doesn't crack the window down when you open it, yet they all shut (door) fine.
Sounds like it's engineered for the glass to go up into the weatherstripping frame after the door closes?

If so, I guess thats the way it has to be.
[/b][/quote]
It sure seems that way on mine, it hit the door frame and bounced back [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/eek.gif[/img] I was holy S h*t.