Go Back   The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums > Mustang by Model Year > 2005-2009 Mustang
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

2005-2009 Mustang
S197 Discussion & News

Welcome to The Mustang Source!
Welcome to The Mustang Source,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 12/21/06, 7:44 PM   #1
Bullitt Member

06 Headrest covers removal

I am trying to remove the covers off my headrests for embroidery ,would anyboby have a clue on the best way to remove these things?
GT500E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/21/06, 8:06 PM   #2
Mach 1 Member

Steven

2007 Mustang V6 Pony
Two words... Squeeze and Pull.

After watching that show "Unique Whips" on Speed, looks like their interior guys have a harder time getting the leather back on than taking it off.

2007 Mustang V6 Coupe Pony Package VIN# 210626
Little Black Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/21/06, 8:10 PM   #3

Are you trying the remove them from the seats or the foam?

From the seats: there is a small opening in the side of the black box that allows you to raise or lower the headrest. Stick a straightened out paper clip in there while lifting the headrest up and it will disengage.

From the Foam: Hard to describe. If you look between the posts where the covers fold under that is where they latch. one side has two grooves ( II ) the other has one (I) they interlock. If you pull on the covers from both sides they will seperate , then you can slide the cover off. It's easier than I made it sound.
petah50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/22/06, 3:49 PM   #4
Bullitt Member

I did it guys............. thanks!

btw... from the foam
Old 12/22/06, 10:34 PM   #5
Team Mustang Source

Chris

2005 GT & 1967 Coupe
Send a message via Yahoo to ChrisM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT500E View Post
I did it guys............. thanks!

btw... from the foam
Save the plastic bag/wrapper that fits between the foam and the cover. It makes life getting the cover back on a lot easier!

For years I've used plastic Wal-Mart bags to ease installation of upholstery on restored '60s Mustangs. I was amazed to see that my 2005 came from the factory that way when I took my headrest covers off!
Sequence #002117 - Ordered 06/01/04, born 09/15/04, delivered 10/27/04, picked up the following day!
Perf/Engine Mods: JLT II CAI with Bamachips SCT2 Performance Tune, MMR throttle body spacer, CORSA axle-backs, MAG intake plenum cover, Satin Silver powder-coated cam covers, Chrome strut tower brace, Redline hood lift struts, Carbon fiber radiator shroud, Shortened stock rear springs by one coil.
Cosmetic Mods: Ford Shaker 500 AM/FM radio 6-CD/MP3 player, Electrochromic/compass/Homelink rear-view mirror, Pony seat head rest embroidery, Vanity Florida license plate, Shelby rear spoiler, Fully painted outside mirrors, WebEproducts sequential turn signals, Ford Pony wheel center caps, Shelby-style center-fog-light grille with emblem, Painted brake calipers in G2 red, Pony image rocker stripes in white, Shelby console box cover, Various MGW/UPR/SHR billet interior trim pieces, Footwell lights, Parking brake boot/handle, Trunk cargo net, Painted door window switch plates, Shortened stock radio antenna, Removed sun visor airbag decals.
ChrisM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/22/06, 10:41 PM   #6
Bullitt Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT500E View Post
I am trying to remove the covers off my headrests for embroidery ,would anyboby have a clue on the best way to remove these things?
Do you mind sharing who is doing the work for you. The company I used at one time is no longer in business.
Attached Thumbnails
06 Headrest covers removal-3d-004.jpg  
06 GT Premium Vert, Ledgend Lime w/ Parchment top, Parchment W/ IUP, CDC Light bar, CDC classic chin spoiler, JLT CAI, Hireman flamed plenum cover and grill pony, chrome tail light bezels, sequentail tail lights, pony corral, 18" chrome bullits on yoko's, SCT2 93 Tune, flowmasters, California dream hood.

07 GT500 red vert, black cloth top. JLT carbon fiber CAI, Evolution tune.

LEGEND LIMER # 175
Sandyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/23/06, 10:52 AM   #7
Bullitt Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandyman View Post
Do you mind sharing who is doing the work for you. The company I used at one time is no longer in business.
+1 I would like to know as well.
blackstang06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/23/06, 2:22 PM   #8
Shelby GT350 Member

Ira

2006 Mustang GT
Send a message via AIM to RedDragon777
yup i am thinking about pulling the trigger on this mod

Tuned by Chris Rose.
RedDragon777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/23/06, 2:34 PM   #9
GTR Member

Chuck

06 Mustang GT Tungsten Vert
Local embroidery shops will do it for you

Tons of exterior and interior mods
Boltzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/23/06, 4:26 PM   #10
Bullitt Member

The person doing it is a small outfit, I do not think she'll beable to handle numerous orders, But I will ask. Stay tuned. But you'll need to wait till after the new year, she is on holiday for a few weeks.
Old 12/23/06, 4:26 PM